[LTER-All-lter] Join us this Wednesday - LTER Virtual Workshop on making Orientation Trailers

Kristen Weiss weiss at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Apr 19 08:40:07 PDT 2021

Dear LTER community,

This week we are offering a unique training opportunity via a virtual
workshop:

*Pre-Orientation Program Trailers - An Approach to Support Inclusion by
Demystifying Field Experiences <https://ucsb.zoom.us/meeting/82194378064>*

Presenters:
Cora Johnston (Virginia Coast Reserve LTER)
Angie Patterson (Black Rock Forest Consortium)
Fred Abbott (ESA SEEDS program)
Kristen Weiss (LTER Network Office)

*Register Here <https://ucsb.zoom.us/meeting/82194378064>* to join us this
Wednesday at 9am PT/ 12 pm ET to learn how short video site trailers can
make field experiences more approachable for students new to research and
our study sites by giving them and their families a pre-introduction.

In this 2-hour workshop we will work together to explore the contents and
production of pre-orientation videos, discuss elements of inclusion and
safety, and have time to develop individual ideas and plans. This workshop
is especially valuable for field site managers, REU and research
coordinators, mentors, and education professionals - but anyone affiliated
with a research site should find the content applicable.

You are welcome to reach out to me with any questions. We hope to see you
on Wednesday!

Best,
Kristen

--
Kristen Weiss, PhD
Communications Coordinator, Network Communications Office

weiss at nceas.ucsb.edu