[LTER-All-lter] Huzzah, Huzzah! LTER All-Scientists' Meeting!

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Aug 15 20:03:14 PDT 2018

*The LTER All-Scientists' Meeting
<https://lternet.edu/lter-scientists-meeting-2018/> is October 1-4, 2018 at
Asilomar Conference Grounds in Pacific Grove California.*

Our goal is for the Long-Term Ecological Research Network (LTER)
All-Scientists’ Meeting to be a place of connection, renewal, and
intellectual ferment. (Speaking of which, have you seen the workshop lineup
<https://2018lterallscientistsmeeting.sched.com/>?) As long-term
researchers, we value persistent attention to what often goes unseen and
unrecognized: slow cycles, legacies, the role of rare events. We steward
our data and methods with care, because only a *community* of researchers
has a chance of revealing the complex whole. Our work is a marathon, not a
sprint, and the triennial ASM is a time to appreciate our fellow
marathoners.

But now is the time to sprint! We still have about 100 registrations
remaining <https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ehome/index.php?eventid=352792&>,
so get them while they last. *Review registration and program information
at the meeting website.* <https://lternet.edu/lter-scientists-meeting-2018/>

Lodging at Asilomar is full, but we have reserved a block of rooms at
Lighthouse
Lodge and Cottages <http://www.lighthouselodgecottages.com/>, 1150
Lighthouse Ave, Pacific Grove, CA | 831-655-2111.  (*Let them know you are
with LTER All Scientists’ Meeting.) *Sign up on this google sheet
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OsK22ShDH9ZGNaECWXqLNt7AAxiYZpwLtBKZvwVPk70/edit?usp=sharing>,
to connect with possible roommates for off-site bookings.

For questions on ASM travel and registration, contact LTER travel
coordinator Ana Peters (peters at nceas.ucsb.edu) or LTER NCO Deputy Director
Marty Downs (doesn at nceas.ucsb.edu).

And last but not least...

We are excited to announce the *LTER #ASM2018 T-Shirt Design Competition
<https://lternet.edu/stories/announcing-the-lter-asm-2018-t-shirt-design-competition/>!*
This competition is an opportunity for students, researchers, and others
affiliated with any of the 28 LTER Network sites to showcase their artistic
ability, creativity, and communication skills.

For questions on the t-shirt design competition, please email LTER Network
Communications Coordinator Kristen Weiss: weiss at nceas.ucsb.edu

--
Marty Downs
Deputy Director, LTER Network Communications Office

https://lternet.edu
LTER Science Update
<http://us12.campaign-archive.com/?u=d7494403ed9d8c97a5479f0d4&id=9c0b9b36a4>

downs at nceas.ucsb.edu