[LTER-All-lter] Survey follow-up to ASM Uncertainty Workshop

Frank Davis frank.davis at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Nov 10 20:37:54 MST 2015

Dear LTER Community,

Craig See and his collaborators  would like your survey participation. Only
5-10 minutes of your time.

Thanks for engaging,
FD
-----

Apologies for cross-posting!

As you may know, QUEST <http://www.quantifyinguncertainty.org> (Quantifying
Uncertainty in Ecosystem Studies) is an NSF Research Coordination Network
devoted to promoting uncertainty analysis.  As part of a workshop at this
year’s LTER-ASM, we developed a brief survey to assess practices in
reporting uncertainty in precipitation, streamflow, biomass, and soils. All
four sections need not be filled out by the same individual.

The survey can be taken here:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/EcosytemUncertainty

We’re asking that respondents complete the survey within two weeks. Each
section takes an estimated 5-10 minutes.  Please feel free to pass this on
to other researchers at your site or at other sites.

To express our appreciation, one respondent will be randomly selected to
receive QUEST support of a publication that reports uncertainty, in the
form of payment for Open Access publication.

We plan to report the results in a review article on uncertainty analysis.

Sincerely,

Ruth Yanai, Craig See, John Campbell
and the QUEST Steering Committee

--

Frank W. Davis
Director, LTER Network Communications Office