[LTER-students] Marine Science Grad Student Symposium 2021 (presented by Dauphin Island Sea Lab)

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Jan 15 08:35:43 PST 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Shelley Stephens <sstephens at disl.org>
Date: Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 7:37 AM
Subject: [obfs-mail-list] Dauphin Island Sea Lab Marine Science Grad
Student Organization presents Graduate Student Symposium 2021
To: <obfs-mail-list at ucdavis.edu>

The Marine Science Graduate Student Organization at the Dauphin Island Sea
Lab would like to announce that we will be hosting *GSS 2021* during the
weekend of *April 16th-18th*! GSS is an annual conference of marine science
graduate students who meet to present research, provide feedback, and
network with others. Due to COVID-19, we have opted to hold the event
virtually this year; however, this allows us to expand our range of
opportunities to more grad students and to a wider variety of research
topics.

We will be holding this year’s event as a* live virtual conference, *meaning
that all students will present in real-time in front of virtual audiences
and receive live questions and feedback.

*For grad**uate students*: Registration and abstract submission will open
tomorrow (1/15/21) at noon. More details about registration costs and
abstract guidelines will be sent in a separate email. To request
registration details, please email our event committee at
msgso.gss2021 at gmail.com

Registration forms can also be accessed at our conference website:
https://whova.com/web/msgss_202104/

Shareable flyers are attached below; please use the GSS logo flyer (pdf
file) to reach out to colleagues via email and the GSS Announcement files
to spread the word on social media channels. If you have any questions or
concerns, feel free to reach out at msgso.gss2021 at gmail.com .

We look forward to hosting y'all in April!

--

Blair Morrison 🐡

MSGSO President

FDA/DISL Graduate Research Fellow