[LTER-students] Announcing the LTER Virtual Career Panel Series for Non-Academic Careers

Kristen Weiss weiss at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Apr 15 13:01:23 PDT 2020

Hey LTER students!

In an effort to provide virtual support and professional development for
our student community, the LTER Network Office is hosting a series of career
panel webinars
<https://lternet.edu/stories/lter-virtual-career-panel-series/> over the
next 3 months featuring folks from non-academic or non-traditional academic
jobs. Please join us!

The first panel is *Friday, April 24th* (10 am Pacific), featuring 5
panelists in NGO and US government agency positions. You'll hear about each
of their career paths, job roles, and have opportunities to ask questions
and follow up.

For details about our guest panelists, check out our webpage
<https://lternet.edu/stories/lter-virtual-career-panel-series/> and be sure
to register
<https://ucsb.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_NTTkFuRqT3iu2lcHvCr3zg> ahead of
time!

Save the date for our next two panels as well:
· May 22: Science Coordination/Data Scientists
· June 26: Science Communications and Outreach

If you have questions or other ideas of how we can provide virtual support
over the coming months, always feel free to reach out to me. Wishing you
all health and wellbeing.

Best,
Kristen

--
Kristen Weiss, PhD
Communications Coordinator, Network Communications Office

weiss at nceas.ucsb.edu