[LTER-sbc_pdoc] SBC midterm review - THANKS

Dan Reed dan.reed at lifesci.ucsb.edu
Thu Oct 22 19:10:53 MDT 2015

Dear all,

NSF and the review team gave us a brief oral summary of their evaluation
of SBC LTER this afternoon before departing.  They had many good things
to say about our research, students, education and outreach program and
information management.  They also had a number of suggestions for
improving our project as we prepare for our next renewal proposal in a
couple of years, which will undoubtedly require some rethinking and work
on our part.  I was told to expect their detailed report within several
weeks and I will share that with you once I receive it.

Thank you all for your sincere efforts in assisting in this laborsome
review process. It really made a difference as NSF and the review team
were genuinely impressed (and somewhat envious) of our research and
education programs and the collegial and energetic atmosphere that it
fosters (of course the beautiful weather did not hurt given they all
made the trip from back east).

Dan

--
Dan Reed