[LTER-sbc_pdoc] information on SBC midterm review_ PLEASE

Dan Reed dan.reed at lifesci.ucsb.edu
Fri Oct 2 18:32:54 MDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

We are busy preparing for our upcoming SBC LTER's midterm review to be
held at UCSB on October 20-22.

An agenda for the review is available at
http://sbc.lternet.edu/siteReview.html.  You are all invited to attend
the morning  overview presentation and the afternoon poster session and
social on Tuesday (Oct 20) and the afternoon presentations on Wed (Oct
21), all of which will take place in the MSRB auditorium and courtyard.
You are also invited to attend the field trip to local kelp forests on
board the Condor Express Wed morning.  Presentation of posters is by
invitation only as are the beach and watershed field trips and Tuesday's
dinner.

A briefing document detailing our project's activities and
accomplishments during the first three years of our current award (which
is what we are being evaluated on) is available at:
http://sbc.lternet.edu/external/SiteReview2015/SBC_III_MIDTERM_REVIEW_BRIEFING_DOCUMENT.pdf.
Everyone is encouraged to read this document, especially if you are
participating in the review.  It is also a good idea to read the
proposal for our current award as the charge to the review team is to
evaluate the progress that we have made in achieving the goals described
in the proposal.  Our proposal is available at:
http://sbc.lternet.edu/external/Documents/Proposals/2012-SBCLTER-proposal.pdf.

Members of the site review team are:

Jon D. Witman

Ecology and Evolutionary Biology,Brown University, Providence, RI  02912

http://www.witmanlab.com/jon-witman.html

__

Dr. Jim Fourqurean

Seagrass Ecosystem Research Lab, Florida International University,
Miami, FL33199

http://seagrass.fiu.edu/

Matthew Reidenbach

Environmental Sciences, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22904

http://www.umces.edu/cbl/people/lharris

Lora Harris

Chesapeake Biological Laboratory, University of Maryland, Solomons, MD 20688

http://www.umces.edu/cbl/people/lharris

Danie Kinkade (IM/IT Site Review Expert)

Biological and Chemical Oceanography Data Management Office, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, MA 02543

http://www.bco-dmo.org/person/51549

More information will be coming so stay tuned for additional emails from
me or Jenny Dugan.

Sincerely,

Dan

--