[LTER-sbc_help] Data Access Inquiry for Graduate Course

Margaret O'Brien margaret.obrien at ucsb.edu
Mon Apr 26 09:44:05 PDT 2021

Hi Randi and Gastil -
Thanks for the quick response, Gastil!

For future reference, Randi - Yes, a lot of data are now available on sites
like California Natural Resources Agency. These are often snapshots, so
might not be the most recent version of an ongoing dataset, or there is the
problem you ran into, where a data download link is broken. They are
getting our data broadly exposed, which is great. But the version I see at
CNRA dates to 2008 - over 10 years old, with no way to link to the most
current.

I am sorry this happened, and have notified the CNRA about their error.

Margaret

Margaret O'Brien
ORCID: 0000-0002-1693-8322
Information Management