[LTER-sbc_help] COVID-19 Community Messages Week 6

Hubbard Brook Research Foundation sciencelinks at hubbardbrookfoundation.org
Fri May 1 08:48:27 PDT 2020

 ‌ ‌ Familiar Faces Friday Enjoy these short virtual updates from Hubbard Brook. Dan Clark in front of his new home. Dan Clark Field and Maintenance Technician, Hubbard Brook Research Foundation Greetings everyone! Needless to say, I was looking forward to my first field season here at Hubbard Brook and finally meeting those of you who are still names on my computer. Although my background is not in science, I spend a great deal of time in these woods. I'll have to wait until next year to hear firsthand about your insights and observations of things I may otherwise pass by. That aside, rest assured that Pleasant View Farm and The Hamlets are in good hands. I'd be lying if I said I haven't enjoyed the solitude of working by the calm water early in the morning while the sun creeps over the hills. It surely is a wonderful place to work.  Before everything unfolded, my girlfriend Lacey and I began our first home buying adventure together. We closed on a house in early April and for a brief moment it looked like it wasn't going to happen, or would at least be put on hold indefinitely. We are now settled into our new home. While we are unable to have company, we quickly made it very cozy for ourselves and have begun working on an ever-growing list of projects. It is a crazy time in the world to have had something so personally fortunate happen. We are extremely grateful. Be well everyone and stay safe, Dan Gary Lovett Senior Scientist, Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies Bonus Update: Where in the woods is Ian? Site manager Ian Halm captured this picture of freshly fallen snow while doing the rounds at Hubbard Brook on Monday, April 27. The Hubbard Brook Research Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to supporting the Hubbard Brook Ecosystem Study. Hubbard Brook Research Foundation | 30 Pleasant St., Woodstock, VT 05091 Unsubscribe sbc_help at lternet.edu Update Profile | About Constant Contact Sent by sciencelinks at hubbardbrookfoundation.org in collaboration with Try email marketing for free today!