[LTER-sbc_help] Community Messages 7/31: Welcome Home, Ian!

Hubbard Brook Research Foundation sciencelinks at hubbardbrookfoundation.org
Fri Jul 31 06:34:31 PDT 2020

 ‌ ‌ Familiar Faces Friday Enjoy this short virtual update from Hubbard Brook. The Halms Go West Goodbye, White Mountains; hello, Tetons! Ian Halm in Wyoming with his wife Jess, their daughter Sabine, and their son Vincent Hello everyone, I just wanted to let you know I am back from my longest family vacation ever. We were lucky enough to borrow an RV from a friend and travel out West for three weeks to see some of the natural wonders of our country. We drove straight to Missoula, Montana, from New Hampshire. We visited with friends and saw Winsor Lowe on his home turf. We then went to Yellowstone, the Tetons, Devils Tower, the Badlands, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, Sacagawea’s Grave, Lake Michigan, Indiana Dunes National Park, and Niagara Falls.  It was great to be able to social distance with the RV and the crowds were never bad at any of the places we visited. The highlight of the trip was seeing the kids' excited faces every time they saw something new—especially rafting on the Snake River.    I sure am glad we were able to show our children all these great places and give them a break from their limited activities during this challenging time. —Ian Halm Site Manager, Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest Under one of the iconic elk antler arches in Jackson Hole Sabine and Vincent at Devils Tower Yellowstone! The Badlands Mount Rushmore Vincent contemplates the water cycle All smiles at Niagara Falls RV living made it all possible Note: As the pandemic continues, we will send out community messages periodically—though not every week. Please feel free to reach out to sciencelinks at hubbardbrookfoundation.org if you have a note, images, or video that you would like to share with the Hubbard Brook community! The Hubbard Brook Research Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to supporting the Hubbard Brook Ecosystem Study. Hubbard Brook Research Foundation | 30 Pleasant St., Woodstock, VT 05091 Unsubscribe sbc_help at lternet.edu Update Profile | About our service provider Sent by sciencelinks at hubbardbrookfoundation.org powered by Try email marketing for free today!