[LTER-sbc_help] Special Thanks to HBRF Angels - CORRECTED

Hubbard Brook Research Foundation alavallee at hubbardbrookfoundation.org
Wed Jul 1 16:50:10 PDT 2020

 ‌ ‌  Promoting the understanding and stewardship of forest ecosystems through scientific research and monitoring, policy outreach, and education Special Thanks to Spring Angels My earlier message included an incomplete list of contributors to HBRF's spring appeal. With appreciation for your generosity and apologies for my mistake, I'm sharing this updated version. The Hubbard Brook Research Foundation is supported, in part, by a growing number of private citizens across and beyond New England. The vast majority of our donors (79%) contribute between $5 and $300 annually to our spring and year-end direct-mail appeals. Given the economic strains of COVID-19, this year, we issued a much smaller spring appeal to our Trustees and select donors only. We asked them to consider special spring gifts, to lift the burden from the rest of our donors. Fundraising is very much like a call-and-response. With each annual fund appeal, we are asking "Do you believe in this work?" "Do you believe in us?" "Are you willing to make an investment?" This spring, a small group of Angel Donors heard the call, and the response was tremendous! 32 donor households 6 weeks An inspiring matching challenge from an anonymous foundation More than $74,000 in gifts and pledges raised! HBRF is deeply grateful to these incredibly generous friends who carried the spring appeal, stabilizing our programs and operations so that we can continue to provide science outreach and education for smart policy and practice. An anonymous foundation Anonymous individuals (2) John Battles Christine Bormann Deecie Denison Charley & Kimberley Driscoll Durgin & Crowell Lumber Co. Tim & Lois Fahey Dorothy B. & Jay Heinrichs Richard & Deborah Holmes Robert Koppe James La Baugh Emily Landecker Foundation Anthea Lavallee James Levitt Gene E. Likens Vincent & Lois Lunetta Peter Martin & Lynn Freeman Brenda & Pat McCartney Daniel McConvey Ron Miller & Jackie Fischer Don & Gail Nelson Nicholas Rodenhouse & Marianne Moore Douglas & Lillian Ryan Joyce E. Scott John Smitka & Amy Bormann Andria & Trevor Staniec Peter Stein & Lisa Cashdan Patricia P. Sturges Family Anant Sundaram & Faith Beasley Appeal art and design were generously contributed by RavenMark at no cost. We look forward to brighter days, when we are healthy and prospering and when it feels right to issue the call far and wide for support at every level. Sincerely, Anthea Lavallee HBRF Executive Director (802) 432-1042 The Hubbard Brook Research Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to supporting the Hubbard Brook Ecosystem Study. Hubbard Brook Research Foundation | 30 Pleasant St., Woodstock, VT 05091 Unsubscribe sbc_help at lternet.edu Update Profile | About Constant Contact Sent by alavallee at hubbardbrookfoundation.org in collaboration with Try email marketing for free today!