[LTER-sbc_grad] SBC Winter Quarter Seminar

Kyle Emery kyle.emery at lifesci.ucsb.edu
Fri Nov 30 15:50:00 PST 2018

Hi Everyone,

Libe is leading a seminar next quarter geared towards SBC grad students
(GEOG 264). We have talked about the general structure of the seminar and
some ideas about what to do that would benefit everyone most. The goal is
to make everyone more familiar with what the broader SBC LTER does
(research, data availability, etc.). Initial thoughts for the structure of
the seminar include presentations from PI's on the focal research areas,
grad student presentations on their research and how that fits with the
theme of the LTER, and workshop time where grad students can bring data or
research related questions to the group for help or discussion. Other
topics that we can explore include doing a group data analysis/paper,
having a future SBC grad student research symposium, etc.

If there are other topics, ideas, questions, etc. that you have about the
seminar please reply to us as the structure and content is still flexible.
Any feedback on what you think would be useful or helpful to the grad
students is welcome.

Thanks!

Kyle

Kyle Emery
Interdepartmental Graduate Program in Marine Science
University of California, Santa Barbara
phone: 609-760-5993
email: kyle.emery at lifesci.ucsb.edu