[LTER-sbc_grad] WSN 2018 Special Session: "Taking the long view: Insights from long-term and historical ecological research"

Max Castorani castorani at virginia.edu
Fri Aug 31 10:31:47 PDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

I am co-organizing a special session at this year's 99th Annual Meeting of
the Western Society of Naturalists focused on the results of new studies
using long-term ecological research or analysis of historical data. I am
especially interested in promoting research from coastal marine LTER sites.
If you are planning to attend WSN this fall, please consider submitting
your abstract to this special session.

The meeting will be held in Tacoma, WA on November 8-11, 2018. *The
abstract submission deadline is October 7, 2018*. More info below and at
the following links:

http://www.wsn-online.org/tacoma-meeting-2018/
http://www.wsn-online.org/special-topics-2018/

*Taking the long view: Insights from long-term and historical ecological
research *

Long-term observations, experiments, and historical studies have a unique
potential to improve ecological knowledge and reveal the causes and
consequences of environmental change. We encourage submissions that use
novel long-term data or creative historical approaches to understand
ecological change, the impacts of human activities, and predicted responses
to future environmental changes.

*Contributed by: Robin Elahi and Max Castorani*

Thank you,
Max

Max Castorani | Assistant Professor | Dept. of Environmental Sciences |
University of Virginia | castorani at virginia.edu | Tel: 434-243-4949 |
Office: 352 Clark Hall | https://castorani.evsc.virginia.edu