[LTER-sbc_grad] GRAD VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SBC Earth Day Booth April 16th and 17th

Margaret O'Brien margaret.obrien at ucsb.edu
Tue Apr 5 14:32:07 MDT 2016

Subject:
GRAD VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SBC Earth Day Booth April 16th and 17th
From:
Shannon Harrer <harrer at ucsb.edu>
Date:
4/5/16 1:05 PM

To:
<sbc_grad at lternet.edu>

Hello SBC Graduate Students,

SBC LTER will be co-hosting its annual Earth Day Booth at the Santa
Barbara Earth Day Festival Downtown on April 16th and 17th with MCR
LTER. Participants (usually kids) will put on SCUBA gear and collect
data in a kelp forest and in a coral reef and compare and contrast the
two ecosystems with an undergraduate tour guide.  It's always a really
good time with cool green local businesses, great food, live music and a
beer garden for after your shift!

We need your help to answer general questions from the public about SBC.
This is a great way to re-familiarize yourself with the broad goals of
the project and is also a great way to practice communicating your work
to the public.

Please respond with your availability and note whether you can provide a
ride from campus to Alameda Park or if will be in need of a ride.
Volunteer shifts are listed below:

AVAILABLE SHIFTS
*_Saturday April 16, 2016:_*
11am to 2pm
2pm to 5pm

*_Sunday April 17, 2016:_*
11am to 2pm
2pm to 5pm

For more information about Earth Day:
(http://www.sbearthday.org/about/)

Feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, concerns. I look
forward to your response,

Shannon
805-335-7682

Margaret O'Brien