[LTER-sbc_all] FRIDAY- SBC IV research planning seminar

Bob Miller rjmiller at ucsb.edu
Tue Apr 2 18:59:28 PDT 2019

Hi everyone,

This quarter we are convening a series of 1 hour research planning
seminars.  The idea is for the group leader (or leaders) of our research
themes to do short presentations of their theme's research plan, followed
by discussion and questions.  All SBC participants are invited and welcome,
including undergraduate and graduate students  The idea is to inform
everyone about what the groups have been up to, discuss the science and
stimulate new ideas and participation.

The seminars will be in the MSI auditorium at noon.  The first seminar will
be led by Adrian Stier this Friday April 2nd:

*Theme 1a - Community and ecosystem consequences of climate variability,
disturbance and pathways of recovery*

The seminars will continue Fridays at noon so please block off that time
for the next few weeks.  I'll send out a final schedule by the end of the
week.

Thank you and I hope to see you there!!  Please forward this toi anyone you
think might be interested.
Bob