[LTER-sbc_all] Request for information needed for SBC Annual Report- Please provide by August 1, 2018

Jenny Dugan j_dugan at lifesci.ucsb.edu
Fri Jul 20 12:02:54 PDT 2018

Hi Everyone,

We need your assistance in preparing the annual report for the Santa
Barbara Coastal LTER, which will be due soon. Please provide me with the
following information on your *research* *publications*, *presentations*
and *products* and your *outreach* and *broader impacts* *activities* for
the period September 1, 2017 through August 31, 2018 no later than *August
1, 2018*.

*Publications, Presentations and other Products*

1. *List of all your LTER-related publications (journal articles, books,
conference proceedings, dissertations, etc.) with a complete citation for
each including the month and year of publication. Please provide a DOI
(digital object identifier) of each LTER-related publication if available.

*Note*: *It is important that the list of publications you submit includes
all publications that have received any form of support (financial,
intellectual, logistical or data) from the SBC LTER project. Ideally SBC
LTER is acknowledged in every paper that has received such support, but
this is not always the case. Papers that did not benefit in some way from
any type of support provided by SBC LTER should not be included in the list
of publications you submit, regardless of their relevance to SBC LTER.*

*Very Important**:* For each publication  please indicate whether NSF
and/or LTER or other sources of federal support were acknowledged.

For each publication please indicate if it was peer-reviewed.

2. *List of the presentations and posters that you have given on
LTER-related research at scientific meetings using the format below. Please
include the day, month and year and the city, state and country of the
conference for each presentation and poster you list.

Example: Romero, L., D. A. Siegel, J. C. McWilliams, Y. Uchiyama and C.
Jones. 2016. Characterizing stormwater dispersion and dilution from small
coastal streams (EC12B-04). Paper presented at the Ocean Sciences Meeting
(ASLO, AGU, TOS), New Orleans, LA, USA, February, 2016.

3.  List of other products (e.g. websites; contributions to non SBC LTER
databases; audio, video and software products; patents; inventions). For
websites and non SBC LTER databases please include the title, URL and a
brief description.

*To streamline this process, all investigators and postdocs can click on
the page icon next to your name on the people page of the SBC website (
http://sbc.lternet.edu/cgi-bin/publications.cgi) to view their list
of publications and presentations that already appear in our database.
Please provide updates to this list, adding years, volumes, page numbers
and any missing or new SBC publications, presentations or products.

*Outreach and Broader Impacts*

1. Describe any SBC LTER outreach and broader impact activities that you
have been involved (e.g., working groups, lectures, news stories).

2. Describe any contributions of your work that extend beyond science (e.g.
commercial technology, cost-efficient environmental protection, solutions
to social problems, expert testimony).

For reference, our 2017 annual report is available at:

http://sbc.lternet.edu/external/Documents/Progress_Reports/2012award/Annual_Reports/

Please let me know if you have any questions about this request.

Many thanks for your help in preparing our SBC LTER annual report!

Jenny

--
*Jenny Dugan*
Marine Science Institute