[LTER-sbc_all] SBC LTER research meeting 11-noon Friday Mar 17

reed dan.reed at lifesci.ucsb.edu
Thu Mar 16 15:45:30 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,

I invite you to join us on *11-noon *Friday *Mar 17 *in the *MSRB
auditorium* for the sixth and final research presentation aimed at
assisting in planning for SBC LTER's renewal proposal.  We have
organized working groups around particular research themes relevant to
our project. Each working group will present a synthesis of SBC
activities pertaining to their theme and lead a discussion on promising
areas for future research.

Tomorrow's presentation led by Dave Siegel will focus physical transport
mechanisms affecting material exchange in the coastal zone.

I hope you can join us.

Dan

*WORKING GROUP* 	*GROUP LEADERS* 	*Presentation date*
Coastal carbonate system: patterns, drivers and ecological consequences
Craig Carlson 	3-Feb
Plankton: sources and drivers of coastal production 	Mark Brzezinski,
Bob Miller 	10-Feb
Recycled nitrogen: sources, fluxes and utilization 	John Melack 	17-Feb
Kelp forests: patterns and drivers of ecological structure and function
Dan Reed 	24-Feb
Organic matter : movement and processing in the coastal zone 	Bob Miller
	10-Mar
Physical transport: processes affecting material exchange in the coastal
zone 	Dave Siegel, John Melack 	17-Mar

--
Dan Reed
Marine Science Institute