[LTER-sbc_all] Fwd: [MSI-News] Adelie File Server and MSI Accounts

Margaret O'Brien margaret.obrien at ucsb.edu
Mon Jul 3 15:47:18 PDT 2017

Hi all -
Our MSI sys admin (Jim Woods) is upgrading the login system (called LDAP) for
the research file server used by the two LTERs and PISCO, and the switch
will be thrown tonight. Jim describes it below. We have been anticipating
this merge for a while, and it should not be a problem for most of you.

However, you may see a problem if
a) your account is new
b) you have recently changed your groups or password
c) you have multiple accounts at MSI.

Please just ask me, Gastil or Jim  for help.

help at msi.ucsb.edu goes to Jim. Feel free to cc me.
Please do not type your password into those help requests.

I will be in the office tomorrow AM, July 4th.

Margaret

Margaret O'Brien
ORCID: 0000-0002-1693-8322
Information Management