[LTER-sbc_all] Invitation to our SBC Annual Meeting November 18, 2016 - please RSVP

Jenny Dugan jenny.dugan at lifesci.ucsb.edu
Fri Oct 28 11:55:36 PDT 2016

  <!-- /* Font Definitions */
@font-face {font-family:Arial; panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;}
@font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-alt:"Times New Roman"; mso-font-charset:77; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:auto; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}
@page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;}
div.Section1 {page:Section1;}
-->
Hi Everyone,

Please mark your calendars!!
Our SBC LTER Annual All Scientists Meeting is scheduled for 1 to 8 pm Friday
November 18, 2016 in the Marine Science Research Building. This year's meeting will feature an
overview and status report on the project by Dan Reed and more detailed
research presentations by post docs Max Castorani, Rosana Aguilera Becker and
Jason Smith (see attached agenda). We will also have an interactive poster
session followed by a group discussion on planning for our SBC renewal proposal due
in early 2018.

All participants (especially
students) are encouraged to share their work in the form of a recent poster.
Poster presenters are asked to prepare a 1 minute, 1 slide powerpoint
presentation aimed at introducing themselves and the content of their poster.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions concerning the
preparation of your poster and powerpoint introduction.

To aid us in planning,
please reply to this e-mail with the following information as soon as possible,
but no later than November 7th (check all options that apply):

I will ____ will
not____attend the 2016 SBC LTER Annual All Scientist Meeting:

I will ____ will
not____present a poster and 1 minute talk

I will ____ will
not____attend the dinner on Friday night

Reimbursement for travel
expenses for non-UCSB participants is available upon request. Please contact me as soon as possible
if you have this need. Also please
let me know of any dietary restrictions for the dinner menu.

We look forward to seeing
you all for a lively and interesting gathering.

Many Thanks,

Jenny

--

Jenny Dugan