[LTER-pub] Hubbard Brook: The Story of a Forest Ecosystem

Foster, David R. drfoster at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 21 14:25:17 MDT 2016

Hi Marty

The esteemed members of this self-described critically important committee are Alan Knapp, Dan Reed and David Foster.

Perhaps the e-list helps to explain why we never get any new business…..!  (I am not very reliable).

This is an interesting request as authors are expected to apply in advance of publication.  Among other things that allows the books to include the LTER logo and a nice description of the LTER program .  Many are published by Oxford but others have come from other presses.

We have had our HF volume (2004), Hemlock (2014), and Martha’s Vineyard<http://mvlandandsea.com/> (2017) included in this series and they were published by Yale.

My guess is that my remark to Jean Black (editor for Holmes and Likens as well as our books) that it was a shame that Gene did not seek this out may have been one stimulus for this request.  (My personal thought was that this is a quintessential LTER volume that will rack up strong sales and would have been a great advertisement for the LTER program).

But, I will defer to the committee chair, Alan Knapp, who can explain that we review the volumes and pass them on with a recommendation to the Exec Board.

Best, David

David Foster, Director
Harvard Forest, Harvard University
Petersham, MA 01366       978.724.3302