[LTER-opportunities] Fwd: FW: professor of ecology/KNZ collaborator

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Sep 15 09:04:12 PDT 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Blair <jblair at ksu.edu>
Date: Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 4:05 PM
Subject: FW: professor of ecology/KNZ collaborator
To: Marty Downs <downs at nceas.ucsb.edu>

Hi Marty,

Can you help with advertising the attached position announcement for a
professor of ecology associated with the Konza Prairie LTER program?

We have an open position in the general area of grassland ecology and are
targeting applicants for consideration at the rank of professor, but we
also welcome applications from highly-qualified candidates who are
currently at the rank of associate professor. As noted in the announcement,
we seek candidates with expertise that will complement a well-established
and diverse ecology group in the Division of Biology at Kansas State
University, and who will contribute to the continued growth and
productivity of the Konza Prairie LTER program. We are especially
interested in candidates with experience in grassland and/or savanna biomes
and expertise in plant or consumer population and/or community ecology,
plant-consumer interactions, or research at the interface of community and
ecosystem ecology, but will consider applicants with experience in other
biomes but with research interests relevant to our program. We expect the
successful applicant to participate fully as a core investigator and
collaborator in the KNZ LTER program. The search committee would greatly
appreciate your assistance in advertising this widely and helping us to
recruit high-quality candidates for this position.

John Blair

--
Marty Downs
Deputy Director