[LTER-nco] conference call service?

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Jun 21 16:01:20 MDT 2016

Hi Kristin, Eda,
The NCO is using Zoom. To reserve a slot, just e-mail Jordan Halland
(copied here) with a proposed time and a name for the meeting. If it's a
recurring meeting, you might want to add a list of invitees, but if it's a
one-time meeting, probably you'll be sending out the invite directly
anyway, so you don't need that.

Jordan will get it scheduled on our Zoom account and e-mail you back the
link for the video conference. Included with that information is also a
dial-up number, in case some participants won't have access to a computer
-- or to sufficient bandwidth.

You'll lose a little functionality if you don't have a host with an NCEAS
or UCSB account on the call (but not much). You can still share screens
with no problem -- but if a second person wants to share, the first person
has to choose "stop sharing" first.

Also, individuals will need to mute themselves. There won't be a designated
host who can mute and un-mute others.

It's been working great fro education and communications committees.
Thanks, Marty

--
Marty Downs
Communications Officer