[LTER-nco-travel] Fwd: LTER WG Agenda

Ana Peters peters at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Sep 18 10:30:07 PDT 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ana Peters <peters at nceas.ucsb.edu>
Date: Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 4:51 PM
Subject: LTER WG Agenda
To: Lauren Hallett <lauren.m.hallett at gmail.com>, Katharine Suding
<suding at colorado.edu>

Hello:

We're looking forward to your LTER Working Group convening at NCEAS.

Unless the composition of your group has changed substantially since
the last meeting, there is no need to plan for welcome and general
computing presentations. If there is a specific computing topic that
would be helpful to your group, please touch base with Julien Brun,
our scientific programmer.

There are a few other items that we will ask you to accommodate:

We will still want to reserve 15 minutes on the last day of the
working group to administer a survey. The results of these surveys are
very helpful to us in planning how working groups operate and we hope
they are also of value to you.
We request that someone from your group presents a lunchtime
roundtable (if your group has not done one in the past) at NCEAS
during the course of your working group. This is a great opportunity
to share your work with the broader NCEAS/UCSB community. Please let
me know a date, topic and the presenter’s name.
If we didn't get a working group photo at your last meeting, please
schedule 5 minutes before or after a break to take a group photo or
our website in the NCEAS Lounge.
Please send us a copy of your agenda a week or so before the meeting
begins, so that we can plan for any needed support.

As the group leader you will receive the keys to NCEAS. Please be sure
all the keys are returned when your group leaves.

I look forward to hearing from you and am happy to answer any
questions you may have.

Thanks!

Ana G. Peters
Travel Coordinator
LTER Network Communications Office
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis
University of California, Santa Barbara
735 State Street, Suite 300
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
(805) 893-2500