[LTER-mcmlter] Tools to add to your STEM page

Stacy Maxton mathcamps1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 20:46:27 PDT 2017

Hi there,

As you know, STEM is an important element of all levels of education. In
our ever-growing technological world, it seems there are few career paths
that don’t in some way utilize skills acquired through STEM classes. It can
be intimidating curriculum for some students, but luckily, there are a lot
of great tools for making it accessible to and fun for everyone.

Since you’ve already got so much information on your site (like on this
page: http://www.mcmlter.org/links.htm), I wanted to send you some
additional resources that I hope you’ll consider adding to your list. I
know how difficult it can be to hunt these types of tools, so I hope
they’re helpful!

10 Innovative Ways to Bring STEM to Schools
<http://ww2.kqed.org/mindshift/2014/01/09/10-innovative-ways-to-bring-stem-to-schools/>

Curious George STEM
<https://unctv.pbslearningmedia.org/collection/curiousgeorge/>

The Educator’s Guide to Real Estate Lesson Plans: Math & Science
<https://www.redfin.com/blog/2015/08/the-educators-guide-to-real-estate-lesson-plans.html>

Computer Programming Basics Lesson Plan: Tynker Games
<https://educators.brainpop.com/lesson-plan/tynker-games-computer-programming/>

The Educator’s Guide to Applying Real-World Math: 15 Resources with over
100 Lesson Plans
<http://www.homeadvisor.com/r/mathematics-application-in-everyday-life/>

Architecture Activities to Help You Address NGSS Engineering Standards
<http://edu.stemjobs.com/architecture-activities-to-help-you-address-ngss-engineering-standards/>

Making Science Labs Accessible to Students with Disabilities
<http://www.washington.edu/doit/making-science-labs-accessible-students-disabilities>

Many thanks for your time, and if you’d like more information, please let
me know!

Thanks,

Stacy

Stacy Maxton | mathcamps1 at gmail.com

I hope you find this type of outreach helpful, but if you’d prefer I don’t
reach out in the future, please send an email letting me know. Thanks!