[LTER-mcm-pi] Fwd: Re: Collaboration on Lake Fryxell and Bonney

Peter Doran pdoran at lsu.edu
Thu Mar 10 17:05:01 MST 2016

  Diane suggests I talk to Paul tomorrow which is a good idea. He may
have a take he hasn't let on through email.

Over the last hour I've kind of flipped on the approach. I have samples
(maybe) and a new young colleague who wants to do the work and is quite
capable of the doing the analysis. We agreed to collaborate long before
Huang got into this and we only haven't started yet because my colleague
is finishing building his lab. I think there is justification to ask for
e.g. a year to work with the samples in hand. Why should a young
assistant professor be denied this work because this more senior guy is
pushing the system?

Peter T. Doran
Professor and John Franks Chair
Geology and Geophysics
Louisiana State University
E235 Howe Russell Geosciences Complex, Baton Rouge, LA  70803
office 2255783955 | fax 2255782302

www.lsu.edu/science/geology/