[LTER-mcm-pi] MCM-LTER collaborations - Re: Fwd: RE: Nora Richter - Lake Fryxell

Peter Doran pdoran at lsu.edu
Thu Mar 10 10:02:57 MST 2016

  Hi Rachael,

No need to feel badly at all. Apparently I met this guy some time ago
(see email trail below). Anyway, looks like he's eager to do a grant of
his own. My local guy says he can do this. Not a big fan of the trash
talk. Odd situation, but it's not an LTER issue anymore if he wants to
do a stand alone proposal. The only issue comes if he wants some of my
archived sample, which he can get through NSF. He's he's going to go
that route, I'd be better off collaborating. So would he, because
samples without context are no good to him. Don't know what I will do
because I want to support the assistant prof in my department who's
interested in doing this, but his lab's not ready yet

-Peter