[LTER-mcm-pi] Fwd: Diana Nemergut

Wall,Diana Diana.Wall at colostate.edu
Fri Jan 1 11:48:21 MST 2016

Begin forwarded message:

From: "instaars (James White)" <instaars at lists.colorado.edu<mailto:instaars at lists.colorado.edu>>
Date: December 31, 2015 at 5:27:55 PM MST
To: INSTAARS <instaars at lists.colorado.edu<mailto:instaars at lists.colorado.edu>>
Subject: Diana

All,

It is with profound sadness that I inform you that Diana Nemergut has passed away.

The following was posted by Alan a while ago on Facebook.

"Friends, a truly extraordinary life has moved to the next journey.   Diana Nemergut passed away a few hours ago, with me by her side. In keeping with her entire life, she passed on with grace, beauty and peace.  And she is of course not truly gone, but will live on inside so many of us, in so many ways.

In keeping with her wishes, I will take her back to a place that shaped her life and filled her soul.  She will be laid to rest in Boulder, CO, likely at the end of next week.  Later in the spring or early summer, we will also celebrate her life with another gathering in Boulder, near a place she held most dear.

May you all follow her lead, and remember to celebrate your own lives, those of others, and the beauty of the world around you while you also mourn.  She would want it no other way."

Alan has asked us to gather our photos of Diana and write down our fond memories. You can send those to me and I will make sure they get to Alan and Neva.

May you all be safe this new year’s eve, and have a peaceful 2016.
Jim