[LTER-mcm-pi] new paper on fundamental niche hypotheses

Wall,Diana Diana.Wall at colostate.edu
Wed Jun 3 13:44:20 MDT 2015

Congrats, you all!

On Jun 2, 2015, at 10:19 PM, Michael Gooseff <Michael.Gooseff at Colorado.EDU<mailto:Michael.Gooseff at Colorado.EDU>> wrote:

Hi all,

New paper on MDVs in Proceedings of the Royal Academy - B led by Jordan Okie and Dave Van Horn.  Tina was instrumental in getting both of these guys to the field and getting this to happen…

Related to this, when a paper is about to come out in Proceedings, they send you an email about a week ahead of time to encourage you to generate a press release.  I decided to try this out through CU to see how this would go in the interest of future capabilities.  I went through C-WEST, a center that is meant to bring together INSTAAR and USGS scientists.  Here are the two releases that came out through CU:

http://instaar.colorado.edu/news-events/instaar-news/explaining-biodiversity-patterns-an-antarctic-case-study/
http://cwest.colorado.edu/news#news1

I’ll be working with Lauren Tomkinson (the outreach person at C-WEST) to find good ways of leveraging this avenue for our future big papers, etc.

cheers
-Mike

<2015_PRS-B_niche+metaboloic_controls_over_diversity+distribution_MDVs.pdf>