[LTER-mcm-pi] Fwd: [LTER-All-lter] Final Deadlines for the 2015 LTER ASM Housing reservations, Meeting registration, Working Group and Poster abstract submissions

Chris Jaros chris.jaros at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 13:51:31 MDT 2015

FYI - the following attendees have either not made reservations, or they've
not told me about it.  If this state remains, it simply means we won't
reimburse them.  So please let me know of any change in state if you wish
them to be reimbursed.

Chris

Poppie Gullett
Andy Thompson
Summer Xue
Sarah Wright
Michael Cowley
David Robinson
Kathy Welch
Inigo San Gil
Heather Buelow
Alex Mass
Alia Khan
Ashley Shaw
Adam Wlostowski
Crista Torrens
Anna Bergstrom
Eric Sokol
Maciej Obryk

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 1:12 PM, Michael Gooseff <
Michael.Gooseff at colorado.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please pass this along to your groups.
>
> thanks.
>
> Best,
> Mike
>

> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> Michael Gooseff, Associate Professor
> Institute of Arctic and Alpine Research
> Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering
> University of Colorado
> Boulder, CO 80309-0450
>
> email: michael.gooseff at colorado.edu
> web: http://goosefflab.weebly.com
> phone: 303.735.5333
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *From: *John Vande Castle <jvc at LTERnet.edu>
> *Subject: **[LTER-All-lter] Final Deadlines for the 2015 LTER ASM Housing
> reservations, Meeting registration, Working Group and Poster abstract
> submissions*
> *Date: *July 15, 2015 at 2:43:51 PM EDT
> *To: *"all-lter at lternet.edu" <all-lter at lternet.edu>
>
> Please note that Final Deadline for housing reservations at the YMCA of
> the Rockies is Wednesday, July 29, just TWO weeks away.  The LTER
> housing reservation block will end, and on-site housing for the 2015
> LTER All Scientists meeting can not be guaranteed after this date.
> Please note that the YMCA requires a $20 daily use fee for those NOT
> requesting room and board at the YMCA.
> https://www.ygroupres.org/LTER/
>
> The Deadline for Early Registration for the LTER ASM is Friday, July 31.
>  After this date, registration fees will increase from $50 to $75.
> https://www.sgmeet.com/lter/lter2015/reginfo.asp
>
> In addition, the FINAL DEADLINE to submit Working Group requests and
> Poster Abstracts for the meeting is also only two weeks away, on Friday,
> July 31.
>
> http://asm2015.lternet.edu/content/working-group-proposal-and-poster-abstract-submissions
>

> When submitting Working Group requests, please check to see how crowded
> some of the sessions have become and submit your request for sessions
> that will have less competition for attendees and whose content is not
> in conflict with your submission.  The ASM program committee will review
> requests after the deadline and suggest organizers modify their meeting
> times if sessions are unbalanced or redundant.
>
> Posters will be presented by theme and all posters must have a submitted
> abstract to reserve a space.  Site Information posters will be
> highlighted on Sunday, August 30th, following the "Site Bite" lightning
> round plenary.  Students in particular, are encourage to submit posters
> for the Student Poster Competition with CASH prizes.  Students must be
> FIRST AUTHOR to be eligible for awards.
>
> Participants interesting in judging the student poster competition
> should indicate this from the link on the ASM web page.  Anybody wishing
> to judge (approximately 5) posters may do so as long as you are not in
> direct conflict.
> http://asm2015.lternet.edu/content/student-poster-judge-volunteer

> [...]

Chris Jaros
Manager of McMurdo Dry Valleys Long Term Ecological Research Project

Institute of Arctic and Antarctic Research
1560 30th St.
Boulder, CO 80303
303-735-6154
chris.jaros at gmail.com <jarosc at colorado.edu>