[LTER-mcm-pi] Fwd: Antarctica and cyanobacteria

Priscu, John jpriscu at montana.edu
Sun Dec 13 21:08:20 MST 2015

Mike-FYI. Good luck in your meeting with her at AGU. I remember Trinity from MSU and was impressed. John

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Hamilton, Trinity (hamiltt4)" <hamiltt4 at ucmail.uc.edu<mailto:hamiltt4 at ucmail.uc.edu>>
Date: December 12, 2015 at 3:21:27 PM MST
To: "jpriscu at montana.edu<mailto:jpriscu at montana.edu>" <jpriscu at montana.edu<mailto:jpriscu at montana.edu>>
Subject: Antarctica and cyanobacteria

Hi John,

I graduated from Montana State a few years ago with a PhD in Biochemistry under John Peters. I think our paths have crossed a few times but perhaps not as often as they could have while I was at MSU. I am now at the University of Cincinnati. I recently had a conversation with Eric Boyd about your work in Antarctica. The Antarctic lake cyanobacterial mats are fascinating to me and certainly understudied. Currently, I have ongoing projects examining phototrophic mat communities in sinkholes and hot springs and would be very interested in extending this to cold systems. We do a lot of culturing and use metagenomics along with transcriptional studies and in situ activity to characterize light-dependent primary productivity in these systems. I have attached a copy of my current CV and would enjoy talking more in the future about possible collaborations if there are opportunities for someone with my skill set and research interests.

Best,

Trinity

Trinity L Hamilton

Assistant Professor