[LTER-luq] LUQ LTER Monthly meeting cancelled

Jess Zimmerman jesskz at ites.upr.edu
Thu Sep 22 08:13:45 MDT 2016

Hi folks,

I am getting almost complete radio silence from the island, so we will need
to cancel today's meeting.  Let's tentatively reschedule for this same time
next week.  So, 1:15 pm next Thursday.

For those of you not following what is going on, there was a major fire at
the main electrical plant, which set off a cascade of shut downs which
brought down the entire electric grid for the island.  At the moment, about
10% of folks have power and they are saying they will be slowly
re-establishing power on the rest of the island through the day.  I'll keep
you posted on their progress.

Take care and my apologies for the last minute cancellation.

jess

Jess K. Zimmerman
Professor
Lead PI, Luquillo LTER Program
Director, El Verde Field Station
Department Environmental Sciences
University of Puerto Rico - Rio Piedras
Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico

Tel: 787-764-0000 ext. 1-XXXX-# where XXXX is:
   LTER Program Office: 88233
   El Verde Field Station: 83467
Mobile: 787-380-3311