[LTER-luq] Important! LUQ dates. Please note!!

Jess Zimmerman jesskz at ites.upr.edu
Tue Sep 6 09:36:51 MDT 2016

Hi All,

MONTHLY MEETINGS

We will be having the first of our regular LUQ LTER Monthly Meetings on
Thursday, September 22 at 1:15 pm AST and EDT.  The topic of the first
meeting is open but I am proposing that we hear updates on the terrestrial
and stream drought experiments from Omar and Alonso.  We need to develop
topics for October 20, November 17, and December 22 (avoiding AGU meeting
on the 15th).  Let me know your thoughts.

JANUARY PLANNING MEETING

This will take place Noon Tuesday, January 10 through end of the day
January 12, 2017.   Travel on the 9th or early on the 10th and the 13th.
We need plenty of time to review progress on the next proposal and to
organize for the Site Visit.  It is important that students working on the
project attend this meeting in addition to co-PIs and Senior Personnel.

SITE VISIT

The Site Visit is  currently scheduled for the week of March 27.  I will
propose to NSF that the two day visit be scheduled Wednesday and Thursday
of that week so that visitors can stay the weekend after finishing their
report on Friday.  Those participating for LUQ should arrive on the Monday
for prep on Tuesday.  Again, we need good student participation in addition
to LUQ scientists.

ANNUAL MEETING

Proposed dates are now May 31 to June 2.  We need time to finalize the
organization of the summer sampling, especially the elevation gradient.
NABS is the next week and now the CZO folks are going to have a national
meeting June 12 and 13, so we won't meeting in conjunction with LCZO this
coming year.  We will finalize these dates as soon as we get feedback from
the group.

Any questions or comments, please let me know.

Jess K. Zimmerman
Professor
Lead PI, Luquillo LTER Program
Director, El Verde Field Station
Department Environmental Sciences
University of Puerto Rico - Rio Piedras
Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico

Tel: 787-764-0000 ext. 1-XXXX-# where XXXX is:
   LTER Program Office: 88233
   El Verde Field Station: 83467
Mobile: 787-380-3311