[LTER-luq] Fwd: Fwd: Final litterfall graph (until we add palms)

Jess Zimmerman jesskz at ites.upr.edu
Thu Aug 6 10:06:46 MDT 2015

Luqquies,

See Bob's question below.  What are we missing in the drought that needs to
be measured and would RAPID funds help get more or better data?  I tend to
think that we, as an LTER, should have what we need in place to record the
key impacts of an event like this.  However, there may be some focused
measurements that we might be missing that would fill in conceptual gaps
contributing to more well informed models that would allow us to predict
future drought scenarios.  Let me know your thoughts.  If Saran is at ESA
next week and we have a compelling argument for a RAPID, I will take it to
her.

Please copy your responses to LUQ-LTER so that we can all participate in
the discussion.

jess

Jess K. Zimmerman
Professor
Lead PI, Luquillo LTER Program
Department Environmental Sciences
University of Puerto Rico - Rio Piedras
Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico

Direct Office Line: 787-350-0350
Or: 787-764-0000 ext. 1-XXXX-# where XXXX is:
   LTER Program Office: 2867
   El Verde Field Station: 4381
Mobile: 787-380-3311