[LTER-luq-students] Luquillo-LTER grad student opportunities

Omar Gutiérrez del Arroyo omar.gutierrezdela at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 08:06:51 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I hope you’ve enjoyed the summer and wish you the best in the start of a
new semester.

As the Luquillo LTER graduate student representative, I’ve been tasked
during the past group meeting to inquire about professional development
opportunities you would like to be exposed to as part of the experience of
conducting research in Luquillo. Specifically, we have discussed the
possibility of developing a graduate student-focused webinar (virtual
seminars), where speakers could range from experts in relevant topics
through advanced undergraduates conducting research at our site.

The purpose of this email is to ask you what specific topics you would like
to be discussed in these webinars, which could include specific statistical
methods, outreach and communication, or any other cross-disciplinary
topics/skills that would be relevant to our group. Once we have a better
sense of which topics have most support, we will join forces with the PIs
to find potential speakers that address our interests.

Again, the goal of this effort is to provide new opportunities for the
professional development of Luquillo LTER graduate students, so please
don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any other ideas that we could
develop and propose to the PI’s.

Saludos,

Omar
--
Omar Gutiérrez del Arroyo Santiago, M.Sc.
Doctoral candidate, Silver Lab

omarbiogeochem.weebly.com
omar.gutierrezdela at gmail.com