[LTER-luq-pi] time to speak with Luquillo MC

Jess Zimmerman jesskz at ites.upr.edu
Tue Dec 27 07:51:28 PST 2016

Hi Lou,

Thanks for your reply earlier this month.  One or the other of us is
traveling through the end of the year, so January 4th or 5th would be best
for us.  Whendee Silver, Mike Willig, and I are available to meet via
GoToMeeting (I can share a link) or phone conference.

The issues we would like to discuss are the following:

1.  How are the preparations for the Site Review going on your end?  We
have a draft schedule we can share with you.  We are assuming the review
will be two and a half days with the last half day for the team to prepare
their report.  Who will be on the review team?

2.  How is the development of the new LTER Renewal Solicitation going?  I
got the sense at NSF that there had been some consultations with the
community regarding the new solicitation but no formal development yet.  I
was unable to learn much more until there is a solicitation published.  We
will want to emphasize to you that any unusual delays in the publication of
the new solicitation will make it difficult to develop our new proposal.

3.  I intend to turn in our annual report by mid January.  Is this OK?
Even though our money does not renew until 1 April, we had a three month
delay for the start of the new funding, you recall, and I want to keep us
on a calendar year schedule.  This gives you plenty of time to review it,
request changes if necessary, and then approve it.  There is then plenty of
time to receive the new funding increment and write and approve amendments
for our subawardees.  BTW, were you happy with last year's report?

4.  There is also planned a visit by folks from the Division of Grants and
Agreements to UPR at the time of the Site Review.  Are you aware of this?
What do we need to do to prepare?

I think that is all for now.  I may want to add some things before we meet.

Hope your holidays are happy ones,

jess

Jess K. Zimmerman
Professor
Lead PI, Luquillo LTER Program
Director, El Verde Field Station
Department Environmental Sciences
University of Puerto Rico - Rio Piedras
Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico

Tel: 787-764-0000 ext. 1-XXXX-# where XXXX is:
   LTER Program Office: 88233
   El Verde Field Station: 83467
Mobile: 787-380-3311