[LTER-luq-cte] Preliminary data for Nov 17th meeting

Aaron Hogan hogieskier at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 12:58:15 MST 2015

Hi all,

I have done something recently with the CTE control plot data. The question
came out of the ASM 2015 when I was thinking about drought with some of the
grassland people.

The idea was to see how ANPP is affected by drought across the different
LTER ecosystems.

I used the litterfall data along with tree growth measurements from the
control plots  CTE to estimate NPP for the years 2003-2012. NPP.  This was
related to SPEI (the standard precipitation-evapotranspiration index)
-calculated from the temp an rainfall records and discharge from Sonadora-
to see roughly how drought affects forest productivity.

Results to come in the meeting. I don't want to spill the beans. Any
hypotheses?? FYI:  It might not be what you think.

This does not look at the interactive effects of the treatments and
drought, but that would be interesting. The results from the control plots
could provide a baseline. Any ideas about how to take that question (in
terms of analyses)?

All the best,

Aaron Hogan
(970) 485-1412