[LTER-investigators] COVID-19 Environmental Influence Study

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu May 7 08:54:44 PDT 2020

*Dear LTER Investigators,*

The massive change in human activity as a result of COVID-19-related social
distancing, as well as the unevenness with which shutdowns were implemented
and are starting to be released, has potential to expand understanding of
how human activities influence ecosystem functioning and resilience.

Long Term Research programs are especially well-positioned for this work,
given their long record of baseline conditions and at least partial
maintenance of data streams throughout the shutdown.

We are soliciting interest in discussing:
1) What research questions this natural experiment could most effectively
address; and
2) What data streams have sufficient continuity to be useful

If you would like to join this discussion--which we expect could lead to
substantial publications--please complete the linked survey. Depending on
the level of interest, we will follow up with a survey for meeting times
and an invitation to a mailing list or slack channel.

*COMPLETE SURVEY HERE* <https://forms.gle/zYd15oKWd23L3d3Y9> (
https://forms.gle/zYd15oKWd23L3d3Y9)

Thanks,
Marty
On behalf of:
Diane McKnight, LTER Executive Board Chair and McMurdo Dry Valleys LTER
Evelyn Gaiser, Florida Coastal Everglades LTER
John Kominoski, Florida Coastal Everglades LTER

--
Marty Downs (she/her/hers)
Director, LTER Network Office

https://lternet.edu