[LTER-im] Fwd: [LTER-imexec] Site identifiers

Renée F. Brown rfbrown at unm.edu
Tue Oct 19 11:00:57 PDT 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Marty Downs <downs at nceas.ucsb.edu>
Date: Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 5:22 PM

*  [EXTERNAL]*
Dear LTER IMs,
Thanks for a good meeting today. For those who were not able to attend, I
have a few direct links and a deadline to share:

   1. The recording
   <https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1_1shXGZzCN-tCxlcFckV7jLDk72WFVej>
   is now available on the shared google drive, under VWC > Recordings >
   2021-10-18.
   2. The very short version is that the Network is planning to request
   ROR's as a group and I think it is reasonable for everyone to contribute
   their information within the next month, so have set a deadline of *November
   24* (day before Thanksgiving) to do so. If that poses a problem for your
   site, let me know, but it's really not too much information.
   3. We've set up a page with background information and instructions
   <https://lter.github.io/im-manual/site-identifier> for how to
   contribute your information to the Network request for ROR's.
   4. The spreadsheet where you can enter your information is linked
   <https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1Gyt3bpXZG87XBEmFFM-8yTrXziC_5K8q>
   (and available in the google drive under working-groups.site-identifiers).
   5. IM-Exec members have started entering their information and surfaced
   a bunch of questions, but I'm sure there will be a few more. Just send them
   along and I'll update the instructions as new questions come up and are
   resolved.

Stevan and Suzanne are also in the midst of putting together the annual IM
report and asked for feedback on a new question, specifically:

Do you see specific opportunities for improving network coordination (or
coordination with other networks) that are of interest to your committee? If
so, are there specific ways that the network leadership (PIs, LNO) could
support your committee to realize those opportunities?

We had a helpful discussion on how to maintain links to ILTER and the huge
variety of other data-focused organizations that have emerged over the past
decade or 2, but more ideas are definitely welcome.

If you have thoughts, please send them along to Stevan and Suzanne.

Thanks,
Marty

---
Marty Downs (she/her)  |  ORCID <https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2833-956X>
Director, LTER Network Office
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis
University of California - Santa Barbara
https://lternet.edu   |   LTER Zotero
<https://www.zotero.org/groups/2055673/lter_network/library>  |  Twitter
<https://twitter.com/uslter>

617-833-7930 (m)

*~~I sometimes find it convenient to email on nights and weekends. *
*That doesn't mean I expect you to reply during off-hours.~~*