[LTER-im] New Databits goodies

An T. Nguyen enthusiast at utexas.edu
Wed Apr 28 12:49:42 PDT 2021

Hullo IMs,

We at Databits are pleased to present a spring compilation of SiteBytes,
this time from our colleagues at Luquillo, Andrews, and Northeast Shelf
LTER sites. Read on about new IM system developments, as well as successes
(and challenges) this past year:
https://lternet.edu/stories/databits-winter-spring-edition-of-site-bytes/

In case you've missed the last couple of articles:

John Porter wrote all about setting up and running a virtual all
scientists' meeting at VCR:
https://lternet.edu/stories/implementing-virtual-asm/. Notably, John set up
a dynamic ESIP-style home page for the meeting, which imo would be
especially useful for bigger sites.

Jon Ide and Mark Servilla wrote about ezEML, the new web-based EML editor:
https://lternet.edu/stories/databits-ezeml-ecological-metadata-language/.
This would be a nice starting point for anyone looking to utilize this new
toolbox.

Biggest thanks to all our contributors! As always, we would love to hear
from you.

--
An T. Nguyen
Beaufort Lagoon Ecosystems, Long Term Ecological Research Network