[LTER-im] Basic R code generator upgraded

Porter, John H (jhp7e) jhp7e at virginia.edu
Wed May 13 12:21:16 PDT 2020

In Brief: In the "code generation" section of the EDI portal, I've upgraded the stylesheet for creating basic R programs so that they will work with the new R 4.0.0. So if you've been using some of the older "R" scripts, you may want to download a new version.   No changes were needed for the TidyR version.

In Full: R 4.0.0 changed the default treatment of strings (they used to be treated as factors by default, now they aren't).  So the code now makes sure that numeric variables are not classified either as factors (pre R 4.0.0) or as characters (R 4.0.0+). The TidyR version always explicitly identified classes, so it required no modifications.

Let me know if you have any problems or encounter any user complaints.

-John Porter

--
John H. Porter
Dept. of Environmental Sciences