[LTER-im] Virtual Water Cooler Monday May 11, 2020 - Brainstorm with EDI

Jason Downing jpdowning at alaska.edu
Mon May 4 10:14:59 PDT 2020

Greetings IMC!

Next Monday for our monthly installment of the VWC we will have a
discussion with the folks at EDI about what tools/skills/knowledge would
help us to better do our jobs. This brainstorming session should not be
constrained to only what EDI can provide so please bring your information
management imagination.  Ideas could range from a new feature for the EDI
dashboard, to a service that a consortium of repositories might eventually
provide, or it may be something (like training) that EDI, LTER and/or other
IMs could offer.

To facilitate this session and collect your ideas we will be using a new
tool,  Jamboard
<https://jamboard.google.com/d/1zYOKRSGidy2SfXB7TAlSud83EpK_qysN-y1knxQIjII/viewer>,
where you can post questions or suggestions.  This communal board is in the
LTER-committee-information-management team drive to which all IMs have
access.  If others at EDI or elsewhere need permission that can be
arranged.  They suggest that IMs put their ideas onto this "virtual sticky
board" so that when we meet we can continue to brainstorm, and then
collaboratively organize suggestions into categories (tasks for PASTA
developers, EDI IMs, LTER IMC, etc.).

See you all next Monday.
Cheers!

Monday May 11th at 12 pm Pacific / 3 pm Eastern

Topic: IM Virtual Watercooler

Join Zoom Meeting

https://ucsb.zoom.us/j/664969166

Meeting ID: 664 969 166