[LTER-im] Deprecation of the LTER Data Portal...

Mark Servilla mark.servilla at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 06:54:20 PST 2020

Dear IM,

I am writing this email to notify you that, per the LTER Executive Board,
we have begun the deprecation process of the LTER Data Portal. As of today,
all Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) resolve to the EDI Data Portal.
Because we recognize that a number of sites are beginning their review
process, we will continue to operate the LTER Data Portal into the near
future (about 3-4 months), with a definitive end-of-service date announced
once we know all sites are through their review process.  At that time
requests to the LTER Data Portal will be redirected to the EDI Data Portal
for a period of one month, after which we will permanently shut-down all
LTER Data Portal services. Source code for the LTER Data Portal will,
however, reside indefinitely in our PASTAplus GitHub repository (PASTA).

Sincerely,

Mark

---
Mark Servilla