[LTER-im] EDI Production environment re-scheduled downtime Thu 16 July...

Mark Servilla mark.servilla at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 15:15:12 PDT 2020

Dear IM,

After sending my previous email about scheduled downtime on Wednesday 15
July for our Production environment (see below), we were contacted by an
LTER project manager whose site was planning an online-event for the same
Wednesday. To accommodate this event, we would like to reschedule this
downtime for Thursday 16 July. Again, let us know ASAP if this will pose a
problem for your data operations. Thank you again!

Sincerely,
Mark

Dear IM,
> The EDI technical team is planning to migrate the EDI Production
> environment to new hardware infrastructure located at the University of New
> Mexico's Center for Advanced Research Computing (CARC) on Wednesday 15 July
> 2020. We are scheduling a full day of VM migration and testing beginning at
> 8 AM MDT. During this time, the EDI Production environment will not be
> accessible for general use. Affected systems will include both the
> Production environment EDI and LTER data portals (portal.edirepository.org
> <http://portal-s.edirepository.org/> and portal.lternet.edu
> <http://portal-s.lternet.edu/>), all PASTA servers within the Production
> environment (pasta.lternet.edu <http://pasta-s.lternet.edu/>,
> package.lternet.edu <http://package-s.lternet.edu/>, audit.lternet.edu
> <http://audit-s.lternet.edu/>, and solr.lternet.edu
> <http://solr-s.lternet.edu/>), and both EDI and LTER DataONE GMN
> Production environment servers (gmn.edirepository.org
> <http://gmn-s.edirepository.org/> and gmn.lternet.edu
> <http://gmn-s.lternet.edu/>). We expect that the EDI Production
> environment will be fully available by the following morning, if not
> earlier. Please let us know immediately if this will pose a problem for
> your data operations. Thank you!
> Sincerely,
> Mark

---