[LTER-im] Expiration of *.lternet.edu certificate issued by Network Solutions imminent...

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Oct 11 15:55:50 PDT 2019

To follow up on Mark's note - the LTER Network Office is using Let's
Encrypt (free) to generate SSL certificates:  https://letsencrypt.org/
This is also a good time to check that your site alias (in the form
XXX.lternet.edu) is correctly referring to your site, wherever it is hosted.
If it is not, please reach out to Nick Outin, our Network Administrator
(copied) with the current domain name for your site so that we can include
it in our DNS.

Thanks,
Marty

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 11:42 AM Mark Servilla <mark.servilla at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear IMs,
>
> For anyone who may still be using the *.lternet.edu SSL certificate
> issued by Network Solutions, it will expire on 22 October 2019. Please be
> forewarned and take the appropriate action to prevent unsightly web browser
> messages.
>
> Sincerely,
> Mark
>
> ---