[LTER-im] Photos for site information request

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Mar 14 09:12:05 PDT 2019

Thanks to everyone who has been submitting information for the 40 year
review.
We're looking forward to digging in and reading and analyzing it. As we
come down to the 15th, I've had a few questions about how we want to use
site images, so thought it would be helpful to share with all.

We're planning to take the text from the site briefs, together with the
photos, and make a set of consistent, well-designed site briefs that should
be useful for the LNCO and the sites over the next few years. So we'll want
a variety of image types --  a couple of big picture scenic images, a
couple of close-in "science in action" types of images and -- if you have
one figure that illustrates a key finding (that could be used without a ton
of explanation), then you are welcome to include that.

Basically, we want some images to break up the text and draw the reader
into the document.
Also, a quick reminder that it will make it much easier for me to keep
track of your submissions if you use the form at the bottom of the
site-information-request web page, here:
https://lternet.edu/2019-site-information-request/  pw to access that page
is 40Y1nf0.

Thanks,
Marty

--
Marty Downs (she/her/hers)
Deputy Director, LTER Network Communications Office

https://lternet.edu
LTER Science Update
<http://us12.campaign-archive.com/?u=d7494403ed9d8c97a5479f0d4&id=9c0b9b36a4>

downs at nceas.ucsb.edu