[LTER-im] IMC Water Cooler July 8, 2019

Jason Downing jpdowning at alaska.edu
Tue Jul 2 15:39:56 PDT 2019

Greetings Information Managers!

Below this message is the connection info for our water cooler coming up
next Monday July 8th at 3pm (east coast)/ 12pm (west coast).  We are
planning to have a discussion with Marty Downs first off to get an update
on the activities at the NCO (as they will not be represented at our
meeting in Tacoma).  After that, we would like to continue our discussion
and planning for the breakout group activities when we meet up in less then
two weeks.

Also, we at IMEXEC are working to plan future water coolers and would love
any ideas or suggestions on topics that would be informative and thought
provoking.  Something new that we would like to try is to plan a series of
water coolers to initially take place quarterly with the goal of covering
different approaches and tools used by site IM's to accomplish key job
duties.  This idea, we hope, will be a continuation of activities that are
designed to help and initiate newer information managers but should also be
enlightening to all IM's.  At each of these VWC there would be a central
topic, such as generating EML, field data apps or  sensor network
communications, where a few IM's with different approaches could give a
brief introduction and description of their particular systems and then the
whole group would participate in a discussion about the various nuances and
requirements of different systems.  We would like to try this at our water
cooler scheduled for August 12, 2019 so please let me know what you think
would be good topics or would be willing to share how you do something.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone next week for a stimulating
discussion as usual!

Monday July 8th at 12 pm PDT / 3 pm EDT

Connection: https://ucsb.zoom.us/j/419931872

--