[LTER-im] LTER IMC February Water Cooler

Jason Downing jpdowning at alaska.edu
Wed Feb 6 10:15:08 PST 2019

Greetings IMC!

The next IMC water cooler will be on Feb 11, 2019 and our main topic of
discussion will focus on a couple topics related to bibliographies.  First,
Tim Whitaker will discuss the recent LTER working group on Zotera best
practices and then Marty Downs will talk about some of the recent NCO
activities with the LTER all-site bibliography.  There should also be some
time to address any specific questions relation to the bibliographic
component of the Decadal Review request from the NCO.

In addition to the hearty main topic, we would also like to take just a
couple minutes to discuss the a recommendation to adopt the FAIR Data
principles.  IMexec believes the IMC should ask the EB to approve becoming
a signatory of the FAIR principals because key affiliates like EDI and
DataONE have already signed on as a signatories and the principles are in
line with the LTER policy.  Information on the project can be accessed with
the following links and the details of our recommendation are in the
attache PDF.

https://copdess.org/enabling-fair-data-project/enabling-fair-project-overview/

https://www.nature.com/articles/sdata201618

The meeting connection information is below:

Date: Monday, February 11th at 12 pm PDT / 3 pm EDT

Connection: https://ucsb.zoom.us/j/419931872

Thanks to all for your time and and we look forward to a good meeting.

IMEXEC

--
Jason Downing
Bonanza Creek LTER Information Manager