[LTER-im] System updates in PASTA+ staging environment...

Mark Servilla mark.servilla at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 10:57:13 PDT 2019

Dear IM,

We recently updated our PASTA+ staging environment to the latest version of
the Ubuntu operating system (18.04 LTS) - the current OS version is now at
its end-of-life support. Some of the updates include the use of Ubuntu
supported packages, like Tomcat8 and Jetty9 for Java and Nginx for
front-end web servers. Even though we had tested what we believed were the
most common uses-cases in PASTA+, it appears that some of the default
configuration settings in these packages have enforced limits to repository
operational procedures that were allowed in the older environment - for
this, we apologize for any inconvenience. Please let us know if you
experience any further issues with the PASTA+ staging environment in the
coming days. If you do have an issue, please provide us with as much
information as possible. We plan to migrate these same updates to the
PASTA+ production environment next week - details forthcoming. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Mark

---
Mark Servilla