[LTER-im] LTER IM feedback/discussion on EDI

Mary Martin mary.martin at unh.edu
Mon Sep 24 09:14:44 PDT 2018

LTER site IMs,

As many of you know, I was asked to serve on the EDI Advisory Board.
During this past year, I attended the first advisory board meeting as well
as the EDI training in June. At the Advisory Board meeting, the discussions focused on
EDI services, encouraging use of EDI by other NSF researchers (LTREB/OBFS/Marcrosystems),
and developing a strategy for sustainable funding. The training workshop had 12 participants,
with 6 being the EDI Summer Fellows. I attended as a participant/observer, and was
impressed with the selection of Fellows, and the content of the 3-day training that involved data
evaluation/cleaning, and development of EML submitted to the EDI staging-repository by all participants.

With the ASM meeting beginning in just one week, I hope that you will all
take an opportunity to provide feedback to EDI folks that will be in attendance
at the meeting (EDI Q/A is on the IMC agenda). Please let them know what EDI services are
working for you, things that aren't, and your concerns, suggestions, etc.
If there are any EDI topics/concerns that you wish to discuss one-on-one, please feel free to
contact me directly.

Regards,

Mary

Mary Martin