[LTER-im] IMC May VWC on May 14th at 12 pm PDT / 3 pm EDT

Remillard, Suzanne suzanne.remillard at oregonstate.edu
Mon May 7 17:54:01 PDT 2018

Dear IMs,

Date: Monday, May 14th at 12 pm PDT/3 pm EDT
Topic: Workshop and Topic planning for Annual IMC Meeting and ASM
Connection: https://ucsb.zoom.us/j/8058932071

Our May VWC will be a discussion about Workshop and Topic planning for Annual IMC Meeting and ASM.  We are trying to cultivate ideas for workshops and breakout groups for both our one day IM meeting and workshops for during ASM.  There is a spreadsheet for inputting ideas: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cjcaGmu0OdERaLeA2M129mpfD1AoAIPZ_TgJkk_Ll2k/edit#gid=0
These don't have to be polished workshop topics and the proposer doesn't necessarily need to be the organizer. Rather if there is some topic of interest to you and you want to explore to see if others are interested, enter the idea and we'll see what develops.

The deadline for ASM workshop submissions is May 30th. Workshop slots are either 90 or 180 minutes. There will also be a poster session (submissions deadline also May 30th). More information and forms are available: https://lternet.edu/workshop-and-poster-submission/. An IM from each site will be funded by EDI, separate from the NCO funding to each site. (Thank you EDI!)

Additionally, please note that IM-Exec just submitted our IMC committee report (May 2017 - April 2018) to EB.  You can read it in the LTER Network document archive:
https://lternet.edu/?taxonomy=document-types&term=information-management

See you around the water cooler!

Suzanne